This is my first ever blog post, so I should start at the beginning. I’m Sarah, and I really am a small town girl. I am from a small village in rural Northern Ireland. More recently, I have been living in ‘the big smoke’, otherwise known as Belfast.
I recently made a decision to jet off and see some of this wonderful world. Since making this decision, people have asked me why I want to do this. Why I didn’t do it when I was younger. Why I waited to over a year after I graduated to make the plunge. Why this point in my life.
There are many reasons why I am doing this :
- Time seems perfect. I’ve just finished a temporary job with no chance on the horizon of the permanent one coming up.
- I am afraid of ending up in a rut. I saw so many people in my job that seemed to be just happy chugging along with the same routine for years on end. I don’t want that. I want to be excited every day and life to be an adventure (we shall see how that goes!)
- I want to try lots of different McDonalds food. Yep – this reason as much as any of the more serious ones listed. I wanna see what else there is out there that isn’t a Quarter Pounder with cheese or a sharebox (never, ever make me share) of McNuggets.
- I want to experience and learn more about other cultures. There’s so much history in south east Asia and I want to see it for myself and be a part of the culture.
- There are no theme parks in Northern Ireland. I like a good rollar coaster and NI just isn’t cutting the mustard on this one. (My sincerest apologies to Barry’s in Portrush)
Actually, scratch that – I’m going travelling because I wanna.
What makes you wanna travel? Where is the one place in the world you want to go before you die?